• |
  • Accessibility
  • |
  • Privacy
  • |
  • Terms and Conditions
  • |
  • Information for Keepers
  • |
  • Contact BCMS
Movements showing in Problem Status
Some OFF movements, reported mainly between 26 and 31 March 2014, are showing incorrectly as a ‘Problem Status’, although the movement history of the animal is full and complete. If you see this problem shown against your animals, you should check back in a few days as we should have sorted out the problem by then.Please continue to report all cattle births, movements and deaths online, as these are not affected.
Fake Government Gateway e-mail
RPA is aware of a bogus email being circulated advising customers that CTS, through the Government Gateway, has not been able to process their transaction. This email is being sent from the email address “gateway.confirmation@gateway.gov.uk”. This is not a communication from the Rural Payments Agency. The email has an attachment which should not be opened as it contains a virus. Do not respond to the email and delete it immediately.
Applying for a cattle passport: avoid common errors
The bulk of passport amendment requests that we receive is due to the incorrect animal sex. When you apply for a cattle passport, please make sure that you record the correct sex of the animal.
BCMS helpline opening hours
The BCMS helpline opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. (Closed weekends and bank holidays.)
Which BCMS Address should I use?
Dead passports and passports for amendment: BCMS, Curwen Road, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 2DD.
Application forms and movement cards: BCMS, PO Box 301, Sheffield, S95 1AB.
Need help using CTS Online?
We have created user guides to help guide you through the registration and enrolment process and some of the more advanced functions e.g. How to report movements of cattle ON & OFF show premises on the same day.
To view the user guides, click here
What can I do with CTS Online?
You can use CTS Online to report births and movements, on and off your holding. You will receive notification that we have received this information. At any time, you can ensure that we hold an accurate record of your cattle. You can also transfer data files to and from a spreadsheet or a farm management package.
"A very easy and quick method. It saves a lot of time, and there is not the same chance of errors in reading the tag numbers from the application forms, and you are not relying on the post."
CTS Online is simple, efficient and free. It saves you time and paperwork and is always available. By working online, you can be confident that all records are accurate and that you will receive your passports with no delays.
Agent Access

If you wish to appoint an agent or you are an agent and wish to enrol you can find out more about Agent Access by clicking here.

How do I get started?

Preparing to use CTS Online is a three step process. You will only need to go through the first two steps once.

  1. Register with the Government Gateway
  2. Enrol for CTS Online
  3. Log in to CTS Online
  1. If you do not have a Government Gateway User ID, you will need to register for Government Gateway before you can enrol for CTS Online.
    For instructions on how to Register for Government Gateway follow the
    Registration and Enrolment Process
  2. If you have not yet enrolled to the BCMS CTS Online service you will need to do so. You will need your CPH number and CTS Online ID to enrol for the service
    For instructions on how to enrol for the BCMS CTS Online service, follow the
    Registration and Enrolment Process
  3. If you have successfully enrolled for the BCMS CTS Online service, click the 'Log in' button to access the service. You will need your Government Gateway User ID and password to login.